Jan Le Bouton CBUNA Certification Scholarship
Annually, SUNA awards a scholarship to promote and encourage certification in urology. The recipient of the scholarship will receive a stipend to cover the cost of the CBUNA Certification Examination, a copy of the CBUNA Examination Preparation Guide, as well as complimentary registration to the SUNA uroLogic Conference that year.
- Applicant must have been an active SUNA member in good standing for at least 1 year.
- Applicant must have been employed in the field of urology for a minimum of 2 years.
- Applicant must be able to meet all other financial responsibilities associated with taking the certification exam.
- Applicant must submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Applicant is to provide a letter of recommendation from his/her employer supporting the applicant's certification efforts.
- Applicant will submit a typed statement citing his/her reasons for seeking this scholarship - sharing personal views on the value of certification and his/her aspirations as a potential certified member of the SUNA.
- When selected, the scholarship winner will agree to have the award information announced in SUNA publications. The winner will write a brief summary of his/her certification experience for the Uro-Gram.
Applications will be reviewed by an appointed board of three certified members. Selection will be based on:
- Potential future contribution to urologic patient care
- All documentation must be received no later than June 1.
2014 - Sarah King, CMA
2013 - Debbie Miller, LPN
This award is presented to the person who attains the highest score on the certification examination for the previous year. The recipient of this award will demonstrate dedication to the practice of urology and an outstanding knowledge base. A certificate recognizing the recipient's achievement will be presented during the SUNA uroLogic Conference (if recipient is in attendance).
2016 - Beth Wanagat, RN, CURN
2016 - Abigail Livingstone, BSN, RN, CURN
2015 - Julie Wells, CURN
2014 - Garrett Brake, CUA
2013 - Victoria Peck, MHS, BSN, RN, CURN
2012 - Karl Gunnerson, BSN, RN, CNOR, CGRN, CMLSO, CURN
2012 - Brenda Madsen, CURN
2011 - Treva Thomasson, CURN
The SUNA Foundation will provide reimbursement of Recertification fees for the applicant successfully complying with CBUNA recertification criteria. The scholarship will be awarded to the applicant selected by the CBUNA Review Board. All documentation must be received by December 1.
- Current licensure for RN, PA, LPN/LVN, and NP candidates.
- Must be a current member of SUNA.
- Current CBUNA certification as CUA, CURN, CUCNS, CUPA or CUNP.
- Must meet all requirements of CBUNA for recertification.
- Must submit completed scholarship application to CBUNA with all completed forms and documentation.
- Recipient’s name will appear in the Uro-Gram.
- CBUNA Board will select applicant to receive reimbursement for fees required by CBUNA for recertification.
- Completed application is to be submitted with documentation required for Recertification.
- Applicant will submit a typed statement citing his/her reasons for seeking the scholarship.
- Recipient must comply with all CBUNA requirements.
- When the SUNA Foundation is notified that the recipient’s recertification has been completed, the recipient will be reimbursed the amount of the fee paid to CBUNA.
- In the event that the recipient chooses to recertify by taking the written test, the SUNA Foundation will reimburse the recipient the amount of the fee paid when the exam is completed.
- Scholarship applicants will be notified of their status in a timely manner.
2016 - Russell Clay, CUA
2015 - Rowena Mejia, CURN
2015 - Cindie Neufeld, BS RN CURN
2013 - Donna Canada, RN, CURN
2013 - Margaret Hayes, BS, RN, CURN
CBUNA "Margaret Baran Gott" Recertification Scholarship
CBUNA will provide reimbursement of the recertification fee to the applicant successfully complying with the CBUNA recertification criteria during the current recertification period. This scholarship will be awarded to the applicant selected by the CBUNA Recertification Committee. All documentation must be received by December 1.
- Current licensure for RN, PA, LPN/LVN or NP candidates, (license not required for all CUAs).
- Must be a current member of SUNA.
- Applicant must meet all current CBUNA requirements for recertification by continuing education (CEs) credits only.
- Must submit a completed scholarship application.
- Applicant must not have funding for the recertification fee available from their employer.
- If awarded this scholarship, applicant is prohibited from future CBUNA scholarship submissions.
- When selected, the scholarship winner agrees to have the award information announced by CBUNA online and in SUNA publications.
- The winner will write a brief testimonial of the importance of CBUNA certification for possible publication.
- All applications received by December 1 are reviewed by the CBUNA Recertification Committee.
- The committee will select the applicant to receive reimbursement of the submitted fee.
- The applicant will be notified by CBUNA
- All scholarship applicants will be notified of their status in a timely manner.